One of my favourite quick meals is Pappa G’s Egg Curry. Pappa G is my Dad.
It’s cheap andquick to make so when I was set challenged by Lending Stream to share a recipe that costs under £3.00 a head to make I knew it had to be this.
The ingredients are:
Eggs (2 per person)
1/2 Onion per person
Spices – chilli powder (half a teaspoon), Curry powder (1 teaspoon), Garam Masala (half a teaspoon)*
Rice to serve with
It’s delicious served up with rice and – if you’re feeling that way inclined- a naan or pitta bread. You might also want to make some home-made Raita with plain yoghurt and a spoonful of mint sauce if you want to liven it up even more. This is a great dish to make for a quick tea but if you serve it up with extras (naan bread, raita and even poppadoms) it can be a fantastic Saturday night dish- get your friends over and dig in with everyone eating for a snip of the price of a takeaway!
So – how?
1) If you’re having it with rice bring the rice to the boil before taking the next steps
2) Fry the onions and tomatoes in oil or low-cal cooking spray for about 5 minutes (or until soft)
3) Add the spices and stir in well
4) Cook for 2 minutes then whisk the egg (add a drop of milk if you wish) and add it to the pan
5) Cook on a low heat – and keep the egg moving, like when making scrambled egg- for 5 more minutes
6) Serve onto a plate and enjoy immediately
Let me know if you try it and what you think!